This is the character from the 2005 version.
Augustus Gloop is one of the first main main antagonists and the first kid to get his punishment. He acts gluttonous, sloppy and greedy. He eats way too much chocolate. Augustus comes from Dusseldorf, Germany. He is the first winner who finds the Golden Ticket.
The Oompa Loompas fish him out of the chocolate.
The Golden Ticket
He is the first kid to find a Golden Ticket. This could be foreshadowing how he is the first kid to be punished and leave the factory during the tour.
- Augustus has light skin, red hair and blue eyes
- He is fat than the other kids just like his mom and dad.
- He is the tallest child all of the five kids, along with Charlie.
The Chocolate Room
Augustus is the first to be removed to the tour. He drinks from the chocolate river and falls in which causes him to get sucked up the pipe. Mrs. Gloop really wants to get her son back from the room.
Augustus is a big fan of Willy Wonka eating a bunch of his Wonka Bars.
Augustus was very rude towards Charlie in the hallway of the factory, Augustus asks Charlie if he wants some chocolate, Charlie says he wants some but Augustus says he should of bought some.
She is Augustus's mother and dotes on and overfeeds him because she wants him to be just as big and fat as her, however, at the end of the film, he is covered in chocolate and she is telling him not to bite his fingers. This concludes, that she now has sudden worry, and will try to feed her son properly, now.
He is Augustus's father and doesn't really interact with him in the movie, as he has a background appearance in his son's interview, but he is shown making sausages that are probably a special dinner for Augustus, as a congratulations for finding the golden ticket (or it was possible that he was working on a display).
- Augustus doesn't know to swim as revealed when he falls in the chocolate river.
- When Augustus is next to the 4 children he is one of the tallest.
Also the same here happened in the 1971 version.
- Augustus is the only kid who visited one room (The Chocolate Room)
- Augustus is the only child to not go on the boat ride.
- He is potrayed by Phillip Wiegratz. Wiegratz wore a fat suit during the filming.
- He is the first child to find the golden ticket, get eliminated, have his song and leave the factory.
- Despite being mean to Charlie, Augustus agrees that the chocolate waterfall was beautiful.
- He is the only character to come from a country that isn't England.
- His dad (Mr. Gloop) doesn't have any lines in the movie.
- He and Veruca Salt are the only golden ticket winner from Europe.